- Diversity working group: The Rectorate commissioned the establishment of the Diversity working group in the summer semester of 2015. Its objective is to identify possible areas of action with regard to the specific needs of students and to develop measures which are specific to the target groups. This will be carried out on the basis of the results of the 2014 student survey on diversity. The Diversity working group is led by Vice-Rector Schnabl and Vice-Rector Faßmann and coordinated by the Gender Equality and Diversity Unit.
- Inclusion in the 2020 Development Plan of the University of Vienna: The further development of the issue of diversity has been included in the current 2020 Development Plan of the University of Vienna as follows: "In the area of diversity management, targeted measures are being developed and implemented with reference to the key results of the student survey on diversity. In any case, when students are admitted to degree programmes, one basic measure will be to collect the information that is necessary for recording diversity and therefore also the social and migration-related background. Only then is it possible to address the target group and monitor the corresponding measures." Source: University of Vienna 2020 Development Plan, p.50.
- The Gender Equality and Diversity Unit: Since 1 January 2014, the Gender Equality and Diversity Unit (previously known as the Center for Gender Equality) has been entrusted with the issue of diversity management. By firmly establishing diversity management in this manner, the University is stating even more strongly that it does not merely acknowledge diversity, but actively supports it.
- Relaunch of the "diversity at the University of Vienna" information portal: The "diversity at the University of Vienna" information portal was relaunched in 2014. Since then, the Gender Equality and Diversity Unit has been responsible for the editing and updating of its content.
- Student survey: In the summer semester of 2014, the Gender Equality and Diversity Unit in cooperation with CHE Consult was commissioned by the Rectorate to carry out a student survey on the core aspects of diversity as well as other issues related to degree programmes at the University of Vienna. About 19,000 degree programme students participated in the survey. The results of the survey provide information about the composition of the student population and their specific needs and serve as a basis for the development of further measures in the field of diversity by the University of Vienna. For further information about the student survey: 2014 student survey on diversity.
- Diversity in the Development Plan: Diversity management was incorporated in the University's first Development Plan back in 2006. This made the University of Vienna one of the first universities in any German-speaking country to include a commitment in its Development Plan to awareness, acknowledgement and support of diversity.
- The "diversity at the University of Vienna" information platform: At the same time, an information portal on the theme of diversity at the University of Vienna was developed and launched. It performed the functions of grouping and linking services and also highlighting the diversity of already established organisations, ongoing projects and new initiatives at the University of Vienna. The platform is also designed to encourage the exchange of ideas and stimulate debate. And last but not least, the aim is also to make members of the University of Vienna as well as visitors to the University's website aware of the opportunities and challenges associated with the subject of diversity.
- Diversity newsletter: From 2006 to 2008, a diversity newsletter was published regularly in the form of a newspaper and focused on relevant events and developments linked to the subject of diversity.