Mission Statement of the University of Vienna
"Students and employees of the University of Vienna form a community of individuals of different age and gender, as well as divergent social and geographic backgrounds. They come from different spheres of life and bring with them a myriad of experiences, world views and competences. This diversity represents a specific form of wealth, a source of creativity and a pillar of success. It needs to be cherished by unconditionally sticking to the principle of equal opportunities."
The University of Vienna confesses to the principle of equal opportunities as follows:
"The University of Vienna
- ... regards the diversity of staff and students as an opportunity and potential for the development of the University;
- ... is committed to the principle of equal opportunities;
- ... strives to guarantee a climate of respect for differences and diversity among all members of the University;
- ... strives to eliminate any objective disadvantages and to reduce subjective prejudices while taking active measures against any direct or indirect forms of discrimination;
- ... emphasises the importance of gender equality and the necessity to increase wherever necessary and possible the number of women in all spheres of the University;
- ... improves the opportunities of female academics to suc-cessfully pursue an academic career, particularly in the postdoc phase until their appointment as professors;
- ... is committed to the urgent task of creating proper working conditions for male and female employees with home care obligations"